1952 – The Auxiliary began, boasting 59 volunteers it’s first year.
Members were able to nurture the children at CMCA. They also clothed them through its Thrift and Mend Shop. The Thrift and Mend Shop was only a service for the patients and their families at that time.
Fund raising programs ranged from sale of cook books and the creation of a snack bar with home-baked goods to city-wide events.
1954 – The Junior League of Tulsa and the Auxiliary originally co-sponsored the Tulsa Charity Horse show from 1954 to 1962.
1962 – The Auxiliary ran the Tulsa Charity Horse Show for at least 35 years donating more than $1.2 million to CMCA.
1966 – Children’s Medical Center devotes more space to children with chronic disorders, such as mental retardation, epilepsy and other genetic disorders.