2000  –  CMC's medical services were moved to Hillcrest. The Auxiliary dismantled and sold parts of CMC, to raise nearly $65,000 which it donated to the CMC Foundation.

With the CMC building gone,  the Auxiliary moved the Thrift Shop to the corner of 11th and Utica. CMC's services were sold to Ardent, which forced the Auxiliary to reorganize and seek its own nonprofit status, changing the name to Children's Medical Charities Association.  The new CMCA mission was to give grants to organizations that directly served children in the Tulsa Metropolitan area.

2005  –  Children’s Medical Charities Association received its nonprofit status and raised money through its all-volunteer Thrift Shop.  Using the nickels and dimes it earned from the Thrift Shop, the Association has given over one million dollars in grants from 2005 to 2015 and celebrated the "Million Dollar Milestone".

2017  –  We have a new name and new location.
The Market at Pearl Thrift Shop, located at 1020 S. Rockford Ave,
opened it's doors January 10, 2017.  The shop is all new with much more display space and ample storage for seasonal inventory.  We are very thankful to have Hillcrest remain as our sponsor.

CMCA is also the proud recipient of $1,000 and the 2017 Oklahoma Caring Award for a small business presented by Hospitality House.


CMCA Timeline

1920's - 1940's


The Children’s Medical Center officially opens its doors in 1926 and expanded through 1946.

1950's - 1960's


The Auxiliary began in 1952, with 59 volunteers! Devoted more space to children with chronic disorders in the 60's. 



Started more events such as the annual Roy Clark Celebrity Golf Tournament and the  Arts & Crafts Show.



A ton of fun! Added holiday parties, hosted a telethon, and added a play area for children. 



Rules for working with children started to change.  The Auxiliary stayed focused on helping children. 



The Auxiliary acquired nonprofit status, and changed the name to Children's Medical Charities Association.