Our History

Children's Medical Charities Association is the surviving philanthropic arm of the Children's Medical Center Auxiliary of Tulsa. We continue to serve children today from the profits earned at The Market at Pearl Thrift Shop located at 1020 S. Rockford which is sponsored by Hillcrest Hospital. CMCA annually awards grants and gifts to non-profits who serve children in the Tulsa area.  

CMCA Timeline

1920's - 1940's

The Children’s Medical Center officially opens its doors in 1926 and expanded through 1946.

1950's - 1960's

The Auxiliary began in 1952, with 59 volunteers! Devoted more space to children with chronic disorders in the 60's. 

1970's

Started more events such as the annual Roy Clark Celebrity Golf Tournament and the  Arts & Crafts Show.

1980's

A ton of fun! Added holiday parties, hosted a telethon, and added a play area for children. 

1990's

Rules for working with children started to change.  The Auxiliary stayed focused on helping children. 

2000's

The Auxiliary acquired nonprofit status, and changed the name to Children's Medical Charities Association.   

Volunteer Highlights

Annual Recognition Luncheon

The Children's Medical Charities Association is an offshoot of the Children's Medical Center Auxiliary.

 
Each year we thank the volunteers and acknowledge the hours of time dedicated to our non-profit. 

Years of Service

We celebrate many volunteers and years of service. Including below:

50 Years - Jody Jurries

30 Years - Lois Conant

20 Years - Laura Lovett

15 Years - Anne Staurovsky

10 Years - Chris Fransisco, Ann Harms, & Carolyn Vandevier

5 Years - Shannon Blair, Billie Field

Enjoying What We Do

This volunteer group of men and women are like family.  We help coordinate items at and away from The Market at Pearl.  We thank Lexus of Tulsa for the space for our annual luncheon.  What a beautiful event to share with our volunteers and families.